- Twenty years as a police officer
- Lead departmental training officer, field training officer and auxiliary and matron trainer
- Seventeen years experience as a SWAT team member
- Seventeen years as a hostage negotiator
- State certified instructor in close quarters combat, shot avoidance, defensive tactics and ground fighting.
- Instructor for non-lethal suspect apprehension by use of Taser, straight and side-handled baton, OC spray, handcuffing and defensive tactics
- Dignitary protection assignments for Sarah Palin, Presidents Bill Clinton and Gearge W. Bush and Pratibha Devisingh Patil, The President of India
- Two time national champion Law Enforcement Officer Performance and Reaction Drill (LEOPARD) challenge
- Participated in World SWAT Challenge in little Rock Arkansas
- Hold belts in Tae Kwon Do, Shao Lin,Tang Soo Do and Combat Hapkido
Pat is a co-owner of Armed Combat Tactics “ACT” (www.acthqs.com), which provides state of the art training with handguns and other tactical weapons including hand to hand combat.